Ok, so diving for trash (scrap metal) earns you a couple dozen nicks and punctures in your hands. I've got about 6 active ones on my right hand and 5 on my left. These punctures ALWAYS get mildly infected--sometimes you have to open then up with clippers or needles.
Then burning (torch cutting underwater, using 100% oxygen) uses a welding arc to get the flame started. This sends you a light shock. It's not like getting hit with 120volts, but it can be quite uncomfortable at times. And sometimes it takes a few seconds to get the flame fired up.
Now while the current is moving through ya, literally, I discovered (uncomfortably) that it moves easier through the path of less resistance--through every nick and puncture in your hands.
Quite an odd sensation to feel about double or triple the shock effect coming out of your wound passages. Makes sense though--electrically.
Note: Originally written 6-28-2011, postdated.